After finding Jeff Tchang’s Python (programming language) Eye-Fi lightweight file transfer server, I’ve decided to uninstall completely the Eye-Fi Center and Helper from my Mac. Mostly because the Eye-Fi Helper continues to start on boot of my Mac, even after I’ve set it to Not Start on Boot.
There’s no uninstaller for Eye-Fi Center & Helper, so you’ll need to:
- Quit Eye-Fi Center (if it’s running)
- Quit the Eye-Fi Helper in the top right menu bar (if it’s running, looks like Wi-Fi icon with a dot at bottom)
- in Finder, drag and drop Eye-Fi folder into your Trash Bin
- in Terminal (Applications –> Utilities –> Terminal) delete the remaining files
- rm ~/Library/Preferences/fi.eye.center.plist
- rm -r ~/Library/Eye-Fi
Then empty the Trash Bin. And you’ve uninstalled Eye-Fi.